I didn’t have to travel far to find this beautiful blooming cactus. It lives across the street from me.
My life’s been a bit hectic lately. When my husband suggested we take a day and go explore the Desert Botanical Gardens in Phoenix, I jumped at the chance. For you see, I like springtime in the desert.
#4. I Like Springtime in the Desert.
I mean—I really like—springtime in the desert. I knew that most of the real showy prickly pear cactus flowers had already come and gone but I was hoping there would be at least a few other blooms that would be open. The garden did not disappoint.
I hope you enjoyed my blooming tour this week. Speaking of blooming, the final group of Blooming Quilters from the 2017 New Quilt Blogger’s Hop are getting ready for you to stop by next week. I will post their addresses late Sunday night. However, you still have time to enter this week’s giveaways. See my post here for details.
What I Learned Today:
- Constructing a post mostly with pictures takes longer than writing one consisting mostly of words.
- Going through 300 pictures of blooming cacti takes a long time.
- However, choosing only a few of the pics to show here takes a longer time.
- Cactus blooms come in all sizes, shapes, and colors—kind of like people.
- Some cactus blooms are soft and beautiful and others are beautiful but have stickers—kind of like people.
Question: What season of the year do you like? Now you know my answer, what’s yours?
Linking to LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color for her I Like Thursday party.
Catch my other “I Like” posts here.
#1. Tu-Na Travels: I Like the Saguaro Cactus Discover some interesting facts about the Saguaro and the crested Saguaro.