Hello, fellow quilters! I’d like you to meet a few more of my fellow Blooming Quilters this week as we jet around the globe. Just click on their blog name and you’ll be able to visit with them too and if you like what you read you might want to follow them to keep in touch. Thank you to Yvonne at Quilting Jetgirl for bringing us all together. Visit Yvonne’s blog to enter to win some fantastic prizes. Don’t delay the giveaway is open only for 4 more days.
- Olusola @Alice Samuel’s Quilt Co. We all strive for perfection in who we are and what we do. Meet Sola from Nigeria whose blog is perfect and she tells us at what point we or our quilts are perfect too. She’s displaying some fantastic quilts she’s either finished or in the process of making so you’ll get some major inspiration here.
- Liz @My Sew Called Life Meet Liz who lives in the dream location of Hawaii. Find out how she turned her life around to create happiness and quilts, of course. You’ll also get to meet her fur babies and read about her feathered friends. There’s quilt inspiration pictures here too. She finished her post with some quilting tips but I can’t follow the first one…Don’t buy fabric just because you like it.
- Anita @Domestic Felicity Anita’s introductory post is still coming and I can’t wait to read more. I’ll come back and update this when it publishes. Update: Anita may have been a bit tardy for the party but her post is definitely worth the wait and she had a good excuse–life got in the way. This motorcycle mamma sold her bike and took up quilting. I hope you’ll stop over and visit her blog to get a couple of great quilting tips that I’ll definitely use and maybe you will too.
- Cate @Chaos Theory Quilting Cate started to quilt as a way to ease her pain and leave something tangible behind. She tells us that she has many unquilted tops lying around–no surprise there as I think many of us quilters have them, too. Learn what she would like to do with them.
Also check out Leanne @she can quilt and Beth @Cooking Up Quilts to meet even more quilt bloggers from these hives.
Come on back in May for two more weeks of introductory posts and giveaways. I’ll be posting the first week. Oh, and remember to enter the giveaway found on any of our three host blogs (Yvonne, Leanne, or Beth) soon.
What I Learned Today:
- Food feeds the soul.
- My sister is a great cook.
- So is my niece (her daughter).
Question: What did you do yesterday? After a beautiful Easter church service, I had a wonderful Easter meal prepared by my sister.
Here they are all polished and shined up and ready for a visit. You’re all invited to pop over and visit and get to know these new quilt bloggers better. There are fun prizes to be won on our host’s blogs so don’t delay as there are only 4 days to enter.
Meet some of my fellow Blooming Quilters this week by clicking on their link which will take you directly to their post for this hop.
- Jennifer @Inquiring Quilter You can find out that Jennifer is a list-maker and a planner and discover why and how she chose the name of her blog plus see some fantastic projects she’s done. We are talking major inspiration here. Plus you will want to pop back each day but especially on Wednesday for a little wait loss.
- Fi at living cloth Find out what the word cloth means in her blog name. Fi also shows us her first quilt she ever made and a fun improve tree mini quilt that I just have to make and maybe you will want to make one too.
- Laura at Slice of Pi Quilts This young mom of two boys is not going to let her stash gather dust. She designs quilt patterns and completed 34 quilts last year. Now that’s some serious sewing partly made possible by a desire to set goals and achieve them. Oh, my, I do need some of her energy. But don’t worry, she will leave you with a tip on how you, too, can not only manage to get something done but also achieve some lofty goals.
- Bobbi at Snowy Days Quilting It’s a good thing that Bobbi loves snow since she lives in Montana. She shows us some of her quilts that she’s designed and tells us to spin our seams to make them lie flat. Well, I’ve tried and not been successful at spinning seams so I’ll just have to keep practicing it.
- Amanda at Mommy’s Projects Another young mom tells us why she takes time to quilt or play with yarn. She’s got a great quilting tip that I plan to use and you might want to, too.
But that’s not all! Leanne at she can quilt introduces these new quilt bloggers
as part of
and Beth at Cooking Up Quilts introduces
Jess @ Sew Jess Handmade
Rachel @ Making a Beautiful Life
Amanda @ Quiltologie
Abigail @ Cut & Alter
Rose @ something rosemade
as part of
You will want to visit Yvonne or Leanne or Beth to enter the BIG giveaway on their blogs.
More new quilt bloggers are coming next week with another round of giveaways.
What I Learned Today:
- I have great readers who left me some great stress relievers. Thank you all so much!
- My brother suggests that eating a half a bar of chocolate each day is healthful. I haven’t even had time or the desire to eat any lately so I can’t tell you whether that would work for me or not.
Question: What are you craving to eat or do today?
Thanks for stopping by and do come again.
The 2017 New Quilt Bloggers are busily polishing their blogs and preparing their post. During two weeks in April and two weeks in May, you will be able to get to know them better. There will also be lots of giveaways on our host’s blogs.
The hop is scheduled as follows:
2017 New Quilt Bloggers Blog Hop Schedule
- Blog Hop Week 1 – April 10th
- Blog Hop Week 2 – April 17th
- Blog Hop Week 3 – May 1st
- Blog Hop Week 4 – May 8th
I am part of the Blooming Quilter’s group under the direction of Yvonne @Quilting Jetgirl and am scheduled to post an introductory post on May 1st.
We’ve received our assignments and are scheduling our posts. Some of my fellow members of the Blooming Quilters as well as those of the two other groups of new quilt bloggers will be posting during each of those weeks. I will let you know more of the schedule as we go along.
Meet my fellow members of Blooming Quilters.
You can find even more new quilt bloggers on the other co-hosts blogs: Leanne @she can quilt, and Beth @Cooking Up Quilts as well as find the 2017 New Quilt Bloggers Sponsors.
On a side note: I’ve been busy with family responsibilities but have sincerely appreciated all of your blog comments and support. As soon as I can, I will post about my March bee blocks and the continuing postage saga. You probably won’t believe it. But then again, maybe you will.
What I’ve Learned Today:
- My family is priority number one.
- All else pales in comparison.
Question: How do you handle stress? I need some good stress relievers.