I finished the Valentine’s Day wall-hanging I made for the Put a Little Love in Your Quilt Blog Hop last week. You can read more about it here.
I hung it outside and it’s been greeting our guests ever since.
I used a darker scrappy pink binding to frame out the hanging. It’s under a nice covered patio and is out of the sun. Hopefully, it’ll be protected enough to last a few seasons. Now, I will have to think of the next holiday and get something made to replace it, maybe something for St. Patrick’s Day or Easter or spring.
Last week I also baked a batch of cookies—heart shaped ones.
And decorated them all fancy. It was a large batch so we took them to a couple of community dinners to share. They were a hit and I should have made more.
This week, I finished Tu-Na Helper’s Mug Rug. You can read more about his mug rug and find the link to the free pattern here.
I also made a mug rug for me using the free paper pieced rose pattern found here. I reduced the size and then trimmed it to 5.5″ so it would be the same size as the cup one. The rose sewed up easily.
I made the center of the rose darker. The next couple of rows of petals were a bit lighter, and the last couple or rows of petals were the lightest.
I gave Tu-Na Helper his Mug Rug this morning for Valentine’s Day
and he gave me…
* Update: That’s not all he gave me! I posted Tu-Na Quilts: The Rest of the Story here.*
What I Learned Today:
- I sew slowly. I was at a class this afternoon and am the furthest behind with that project.
- Being slow isn’t all bad. I didn’t have to rip out as much as some of the others.
- My seam ripper is rather dull. It’s time to get a new one.
- Completing the Valentine Wall Hanging was Goal #10 on my post Tu-Na Quilts: My Three Month Plan for the 2018 Finish-A-Long.
- I’ve still got 9 other goals to complete.
- I might have to speed up the sewing to get more of my goals completed.
Question: What do you do special for Valentine’s Day? When the kids were little, I would make and decorate each of them a giant heart-shape cookie.
Thanks for stopping by and do come again.
Karen, Tu-Na Quilts
Wednesday Wait Loss at The Inquiring Quilter
Let’s Bee Social at Sew Fresh Quilts
Midweek Makers at Quilt Fabrication
Finished or Not Friday at Busy Hands Quilts
Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? at Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Show Off Saturday at Sew Can She